Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blessings in Disguise... even when I don't deserve them!

I am pretty sure that all I do is complain now. I complain that I am too busy at work, I complain cause I have to pee too much, I complain cause I hate stupid or mean people, I complain having to go to church, and the most recent complaint was having to owe on our taxes (although there is plenty more that I complain about). Earlier this week, Trevor and I got a letter from the bank, along with a check. It explained that we were paying too much into our escrow account and that we were getting reimbursed for what we over paid. We didn't do anything with the money, but oh did we have plans for it! Then we do our taxes... We find out that we owe roughly $600. As I was crying and complaining about it, Trevor reminded me that we received a check in the mail for almost the exact amount that we owed in taxes. I know we won't be able to spend that money on what we want, but there are more important things, and the more I think about that, the more grateful I become. Seriously, how awesome is that?  And that couldn't possibly be a coincidence! I totally take for granted how blessed I really am, and for the longest time I thought, I always pay my tithing and have never received any blessings for it. I guess I can't say that anymore because if it weren't for this check, we would have no money to pay our taxes. So even though I am selfish, grumpy, and don't attend church regularly... He still loves me, knows my needs, and always provides a way for us to get by. Don't think that I am no longer mad about having to pay taxes, but at least I learned a lesson and have something to be grateful for.  

1 comment: